From: Jarry <mr.jarry@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] OT: HW-raid1 & SSD?
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2012 17:32:41
1 Hi,
2
3 I'm building small server for VPS-hosting purpose (not decided
4 yet, probably KVM or ESXi). Althought it is "non production",
5 reliability is still issue for me. I'm considering using two
6 small SSD (ie. Intel 313, 24GB, SLC) in hw-raid1 (Adaptec 3805)
7 just for hypervisor, and 2xHDD/raid1 for VPS.
8
9 I started looking for info on internet but results are not
10 conclusive. Opinions vary from "no problem, use SSD&raid1"
11 to "using SSD in raid is not recommended no matter if it is
12 SW or HW". Mostly missing trim-command is mentioned as reason
13 for not using SSD in any raid.
14
15 Does anyone have any experience with SSD in raid (SW or HW)?
16 Is it safe to use it on server?
17
18 Jarry
19 --
21 This mailbox accepts e-mails only from selected mailing-lists!
22 Everything else is considered to be spam and therefore deleted.