From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: Wolf <wolf@××××××.systems>, gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Shorewall6 kernel config
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2020 14:04:04
1 On Saturday, 18 April 2020 14:52:04 BST Wolf wrote:
2 > > ERROR: Your kernel/iptables do not include state match support. No
3 > > version
4 > >
5 > >of Shorewall will run on this system /usr/share/shorewall6/helpers (EOF)
6 > >
7 > >Shorewall refuses to specify which state is not being matched, and I can't
8 > >find anything useful in my kernel config (gentoo-sources-5.4.28). The
9 > >shorewall website is no help - it even announces that its kernel config
10 > >page is not maintained - and google doesn't help either.
11 >
12 > This sounds like shorewall6 is looking for "state" match support for
13 > iptables.
14 >
15 > The corresponding config option is CONFIG_NETFILTER_XT_MATCH_STATE, is
16 > that option enabled in your kernel?
17
18 # grep NETFILTER_XT_MATCH_STATE /usr/src/linux/.config
19 CONFIG_NETFILTER_XT_MATCH_STATE=m
20
21 So yes, it is.
22
23 I'm confused by having two apparently different sets of IP filtering options. Do
24 I need the NF set or the older one?
27 Regards,
28 Peter.