From: Wolf <wolf@××××××.systems>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Shorewall6 kernel config
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2020 13:52:11
1 > ERROR: Your kernel/iptables do not include state match support. No version
2 >of Shorewall will run on this system /usr/share/shorewall6/helpers (EOF)
3 >
4 >Shorewall refuses to specify which state is not being matched, and I can't find
5 >anything useful in my kernel config (gentoo-sources-5.4.28). The shorewall
6 >website is no help - it even announces that its kernel config page is not
7 >maintained - and google doesn't help either.
8
9 This sounds like shorewall6 is looking for "state" match support for
10 iptables.
11
12 The corresponding config option is CONFIG_NETFILTER_XT_MATCH_STATE, is
13 that option enabled in your kernel?
16 Wolf