From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: readline and inputrc
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 09:03:58
1 "Anthony E. Caudel" <acaudel@×××××.com> writes:
2
3 > Harry Putnam wrote:
4 >> Anyone know why entries in ~/.inputrc (or for that matter)
5 >> /etc/inputrc are ignored in xterms?
6 >>
7 >> I find that inputrc entries work in console mode but not in X.
8 >>
9 >> Further, testing just now with a silly test entry:
10 >>
11 >> cat ~/.inputrc:
12 >>
13 >> ## C-x C-r reread init files
14 >> Control-o: "now what"
15 >>
16 >> That even in console mode I get really bad behavior.
17 >>
18 >> Ctrl-o inserts `now what' as expected but then I find that any
19 >> attempts thereafter to do some command like ls or whatever, when I
20 >> press <ENTER> instead of running the command `ls' I get
21 >>
22 >> `lsnow what' and the ls command doesn't fire any press of <ENTER>
23 >> prints `now what'.
24 >>
25 >> I'm guessing some kind of conflict with keyboard settings but mine are
26 >> totally stock. I've done no customizing in that area.
27 >>
28 >> I'd be interested to here what others see when they use ~/.inputrc.
31 > They work fine for me under KDE's konsole.
32
33 Interesting... yes they do here too. I greatly prefer working from
34 xterms though. Just a matter of years of use.
35
36 I suspect there is something I can set so that inputrc works in xterm
37 to, do you have any idea what?
40 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list