From: "Anthony E. Caudel" <acaudel@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] readline and inputrc
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 08:53:12
1 Harry Putnam wrote:
2 > Anyone know why entries in ~/.inputrc (or for that matter)
3 > /etc/inputrc are ignored in xterms?
4 >
5 > I find that inputrc entries work in console mode but not in X.
6 >
7 > Further, testing just now with a silly test entry:
8 >
9 > cat ~/.inputrc:
10 >
11 > ## C-x C-r reread init files
12 > Control-o: "now what"
13 >
14 > That even in console mode I get really bad behavior.
15 >
16 > Ctrl-o inserts `now what' as expected but then I find that any
17 > attempts thereafter to do some command like ls or whatever, when I
18 > press <ENTER> instead of running the command `ls' I get
19 >
20 > `lsnow what' and the ls command doesn't fire any press of <ENTER>
21 > prints `now what'.
22 >
23 > I'm guessing some kind of conflict with keyboard settings but mine are
24 > totally stock. I've done no customizing in that area.
25 >
26 > I'd be interested to here what others see when they use ~/.inputrc.
29 They work fine for me under KDE's konsole.
32 Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary
33 Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
34 -- Benjamin Franklin
35 --
36 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list