From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] readline and inputrc
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 08:24:19
1 Anyone know why entries in ~/.inputrc (or for that matter)
2 /etc/inputrc are ignored in xterms?
3
4 I find that inputrc entries work in console mode but not in X.
5
6 Further, testing just now with a silly test entry:
7
8 cat ~/.inputrc:
9
10 ## C-x C-r reread init files
11 Control-o: "now what"
12
13 That even in console mode I get really bad behavior.
14
15 Ctrl-o inserts `now what' as expected but then I find that any
16 attempts thereafter to do some command like ls or whatever, when I
17 press <ENTER> instead of running the command `ls' I get
18
19 `lsnow what' and the ls command doesn't fire any press of <ENTER>
20 prints `now what'.
21
22 I'm guessing some kind of conflict with keyboard settings but mine are
23 totally stock. I've done no customizing in that area.
24
25 I'd be interested to here what others see when they use ~/.inputrc.
29 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list