From: Justin <justin@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Official document for stabilization policy/guideline
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2010 21:32:15
1 On 01/03/10 16:39, Lie Ryan wrote:
2 > I've found a few people referencing to a "30-day stabilization policy"
3 > which basically says a package must be at least 30-days-old to be
4 > considered for stabilization, but is there any document that serves as
5 > an official guideline/checklist on how to consider to stabilize a
6 > package? Is the 30-day policy the only policy?
7 >
8 > I've been running several ~arch-ed packages that appears to be compile
9 > and runs fine on my machine and would like to vote them for
10 > stabilization. Is it enough to just open a bug issue and pray that the
11 > arch manager would notice?
14 The policy says "30 day bug free", but it is always appreciated to get
15 feedback from users about packages which are stable on their systems. So
16 please go ahead and file bugs. If the maintainer has any objections
17 against a stabilization, you will be informed about that in the bug.
18
19 justin