From: "Taiidan@×××.com" <Taiidan@×××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] from Firefox52: NO pure ALSA?, WAS: Firefox 49.0 & Youtube... Audio: No
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2016 02:03:01
1 On 12/17/2016 08:56 PM, Walter Dnes wrote:
2
3 > I'm running Pale Moon. In an xterm, I did...
4 >
5 > export SSLKEYLOGFILE=/dev/shm/sslkeylogfile.txt
6 >
7 > ...and launched Pale Moon manually from the commandline. nd visited a
8 > couple of https sites. I did get /dev/shm/sslkeylogfile.txt which
9 > begins with the line...
10 >
11 > # SSL/TLS secrets log file, generated by NSS
12 >
13 > Following that are a bunch of lines starting with...
14 >
15 > CLIENT_RANDOM
16 >
17 > ...followed by a space, followed by 161 random hex-numeric characters
18 > i.e. [0-9a-f].
19 >
20 > I also saw a line beginning with...
21 >
22 > RSA
23 >
24 > ...followed by a space, followed by 113 random hex-numeric characters
25 > i.e. [0-9a-f].
26 >
27 > If you plan to do this regularly, your program launcher will need to
28 > launch bash scripts with seperate filenames for each profile. Maybe
29 > append date-time stamp to filenames to avoid multiple sessions
30 > overwriting each other.
33 > As for privacy, there are the usual features, like...
34 >
35 > * asking sites to not track (don't trust that)
36 > * control of which sites to accept/refuse regular cookies, and 3rd-party
37 > cookies, from
38 > * whether or not to clear browsing and download history
39 > * private browsing session
40 random - I have always wondered why none of the "user respecting" forks
41 nor mozilla have any serious efforts to thwart browser fingerprinting,
42 private browsing session is simply a misnomer without it.