From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] from Firefox52: NO pure ALSA?, WAS: Firefox 49.0 & Youtube... Audio: No
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2016 01:56:51
1 I'm running Pale Moon. In an xterm, I did...
2
3 export SSLKEYLOGFILE=/dev/shm/sslkeylogfile.txt
4
5 ...and launched Pale Moon manually from the commandline. nd visited a
6 couple of https sites. I did get /dev/shm/sslkeylogfile.txt which
7 begins with the line...
8
9 # SSL/TLS secrets log file, generated by NSS
10
11 Following that are a bunch of lines starting with...
12
13 CLIENT_RANDOM
14
15 ...followed by a space, followed by 161 random hex-numeric characters
16 i.e. [0-9a-f].
17
18 I also saw a line beginning with...
19
20 RSA
21
22 ...followed by a space, followed by 113 random hex-numeric characters
23 i.e. [0-9a-f].
24
25 If you plan to do this regularly, your program launcher will need to
26 launch bash scripts with seperate filenames for each profile. Maybe
27 append date-time stamp to filenames to avoid multiple sessions
28 overwriting each other.
31 As for privacy, there are the usual features, like...
32
33 * asking sites to not track (don't trust that)
34 * control of which sites to accept/refuse regular cookies, and 3rd-party
35 cookies, from
36 * whether or not to clear browsing and download history
37 * private browsing session
40 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
41 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications