From: Fast Turtle <fturtle@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: GSettings-to-GConf problem
Date: Fri, 03 May 2013 14:54:20
1 On Thu, 2 May 2013 17:56:01 -0400
2 "Walter Dnes" <waltdnes@××××××××.org> wrote:
3
4 > On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 09:02:04PM -0700, Grant wrote
5 >
6 > > I see your thread on gentoo-dev. Many thanks for taking this to the
7 > > right place. The solution seems to be keywording a bunch of ~arch
8 > > gnome stuff.
9 >
10 > I don't know if my solution will be your solution. As per my sig, I
11 > don't run the fullblown GNOME DE. I use ICEWM. I happen to run a few
12 > GNOME apps (ABIWORD/GIMP/GNUMERIC). According to Alexandre...
13 >
14 > > But if you are running IceWM, this should not be a problem. To get
15 > > gsettings working, you only need 4 things: dbus, glib, dconf, and
16 > > gsettings-desktop-schemas. And the latest stable versions of them
17 > > would be sufficient.
18 >
19 > That'll be the way I go if Openoffice doesn't pan out. If you want to
20 > go testing on the fullblown GNOME, see...
21 >
22 > http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/gnome.git;a=blob;f=status/portage-configs/package.keywords.gnome3
23 >
24 > ...for a list of ebuilds to keyword. And I hope you enjoy Pulseaudio<G>.
25 >
26 > --
27 > Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
28 > I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications
29 >
30 and this is just one of the reasons I refuse to use Gnome at all because if I wanted Windows Idiocracy, I'd simply use Windows.