From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: GSettings-to-GConf problem
Date: Thu, 02 May 2013 21:56:14
1 On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 09:02:04PM -0700, Grant wrote
2
3 > I see your thread on gentoo-dev. Many thanks for taking this to the
4 > right place. The solution seems to be keywording a bunch of ~arch
5 > gnome stuff.
6
7 I don't know if my solution will be your solution. As per my sig, I
8 don't run the fullblown GNOME DE. I use ICEWM. I happen to run a few
9 GNOME apps (ABIWORD/GIMP/GNUMERIC). According to Alexandre...
10
11 > But if you are running IceWM, this should not be a problem. To get
12 > gsettings working, you only need 4 things: dbus, glib, dconf, and
13 > gsettings-desktop-schemas. And the latest stable versions of them
14 > would be sufficient.
15
16 That'll be the way I go if Openoffice doesn't pan out. If you want to
17 go testing on the fullblown GNOME, see...
18
19 http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/gnome.git;a=blob;f=status/portage-configs/package.keywords.gnome3
20
21 ...for a list of ebuilds to keyword. And I hope you enjoy Pulseaudio<G>.
24 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
25 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications