From: platoali@×××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: df and du difference
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2008 08:07:14
1 Sebastian Günther wrote:
2 > df shows you the available space on the fs and du the size of the files
3 > inside it.
4 >
5 > The difference is caused by the journal and the 5% reserved for the
6 > superuser, which du does not take in account
7 >
8 > > Do others have this kind of inconsistancy on their systems?
9 >
10 > I would think everyone, who does not have changed the default settings
11 > from mkfs.ext3.
12
13 I've another question. On my server root is 80% full and last weed it was 98%
14 full. if it get to 100% , How can I delete or flush Journals to free some
15 space?
16
17 best wishes
18 Platoali