From: Daniel Iliev <danny@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Seamonkey and spam filter
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2006 20:54:56
1 Dale wrote:
2 > Daniel Iliev wrote:
5 >> If you are ready to delete all your settings un-merging won't be needed.
6 >> Just close seamonkey and move/delete your mozilla-home folder. The next
7 >> time you start seamonkey it would appear as if it was just installed.
8 >>
9 >> for example:
10 >> mv ~/.mozilla ~/MOZILLA-BACK
16 > But I would also loose my email. I archive all these emails just in
17 > case. I also already have a ~/.mozilla.old as well. There was
18 > something corrupt in there and Seamonkey did not like it. It started
19 > after switching to Seamonkey from Mozilla. When I tried to copy my
20 > email over, whatever it was was in there as well and Seamonkey was
21 > very flakey. The only fix I could find was to rename it to .mozilla.old.
22 >
23 > Makes me wonder though.
24 >
25 > Thanks for the tip though. May end up doing that, again. :-(
26 >
27 > Dale
28 > :-) :-)
31 No, you won't loose it. After you start seamonkey again it will recreate
32 its home directory. Make the settings as they were before (I mean the
33 server settings and the accounts) and close seamonkey. Then go deep in
34 the backup directory and you'll find a directory structure similar to:
35
36 ~/$mozilla-bak/$profile/$unique/Mail/$pop3.my-mail.server.com/
37
38 $mozilla-bak - the name you used for backup
39 $profile - normally is "default"
40 $unique - a directory created by mozilla, e.g. "5r358tza.slt"
41 $pop3.my-mail.server.com - I think it is obvious ;)
42
43 Under $pop3.my-mail.server.com you'll find your mail as files
44 Inbox,Inbox.msf; Sent,Sent.msf, Trash, Trash.msf and so on.
45
46 Just copy those into the corresponding location of the new mozilla tree
47 and your mail will be there the next time you start seamonkey.
53 Best regards,
54 Daniel
58 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list