From: james <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: sound driver
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 15:02:11
1 Dennis Robertson <dencar <at> iinet.net.au> writes:
2
3 > Following that happy ending can I ask whether anyone has managed to get
4 > alsa to work with the Asus A7N8X deluxe on board sound?
7 Well, using 'lshw', I have a:
10 product: A7V8X-X
11 vendor: ASUSTeK Computer INC.
12 physical id: 0
13 version: REV 1.xx
14 serial: xxxxxxxxxxx
15
16 that I'm going to work on audio and video (xawtv video is working) in the
17 next few days/weeks/whatever. Look at the differences and see if our audio
18 a/v chips are the same or similar. If the are close enough, I'm willing
19 to share the painful process with others......... I be using other video
20 cards, like the LMLBT44 (uses a BT878 chip), in this system, but the efforts may
21 be similar enough to warrant collaboration?
22
23 If so, start a new thread, and away we go...
24 Disclaimer, I'm not very smart, just stubborn as hell
25 (I do not quite, until things work. I also have an
26 old_lady that's pretty sharp with firmware and device drivers,
27 so If it comes down to a driver that needs modification, that's
28 a doable as long as there is something similar to look at
29 and somebody that can architect what needs to be done, and
30 how the drivers works...pain....ass(embler)-pain....
31 Lot's of problems in 2.6.x with devices are related to driver code
32 that needs tweaking......
33 James
34
35 James