From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] pm-suspend problem
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 17:09:26
1 151013 Daniel Frey wrote:
2 > On 10/13/2015 09:00 PM, Philip Webb wrote:
3 >> 151013 Daniel Frey wrote:
4 >>> On 10/13/2015 05:39 PM, Philip Webb wrote:
5 >>>> but doesn't wake up when the power button or a key is pressed ;
6 >>> There was a kernel change some time back
7 >>> that disabled usb wake-up on all USB hubs.
8 >>> Userspace needs to explicitly enable them or device wakeup will not work.
9 >>> I wrote a script some time back to do that,
10 >>> but it can probably be done with a udev rule.
11 >> Don't be coy ! -- can you post your script here ?
12 >> what would such a udev rule look like ?
13 > Hah - sorry about that. Most people apparently use udev to do that.
14 > I wrote my script first and used it instead. I never really looked
15 > into udev as my script [kludge?] still works, I just tried it.
16 > I posted it in the Docs, Tips & Tricks forum [1] some time back
17 > & it's also on pastebin [2]. Use at your own risk !
18 > I've attached it here as well. The forum post lists how to use it.
19 > Wow, 18,000 views to the forum post. I wonder if that's good or bad ?
20 > It requires root, so you may want to put it in /sbin/.
21 > Run it with no options and it'll display a usage page.
22 > All it does is do some searching in the /sys/devices tree
23 > and tries to find appropriate items to show.
24 > [1] https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-933934-highlight-usbwakeup.html
25 > [2] http://pastebin.com/cYstsSSa
26
27 -- script snipped --
28
29 Thanks lots ! -- I looked up [1], which has useful extra advice.
30
31 However, it occurs to me that my keyboard (Sanyo 1989) is PS/2 ,
32 so the script will help only to enable restart via the mouse.
33 There's a PS/2 setting on the mobo, which I've enabled,
34 but might there also be something in the kernel which needs enabling ?
35
36 Lots of people seem to have problems with suspend/restart
37 & it seems to be somewhat random & vary with different makes of mobo,
38 so any further suggestions here may help others in future too.
42 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
43 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
44 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca