From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] pm-suspend problem
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 04:59:35
1 On 10/13/2015 09:00 PM, Philip Webb wrote:
2 > 151013 Daniel Frey wrote:
3 >> On 10/13/2015 05:39 PM, Philip Webb wrote:
4 >>> but doesn't wake up when the power button or a key is pressed ;
5 >>> I can power off & restart normally afterwards.
6 >>> 'dmesg' + 'syslog' simply show an immediate restart after the suspend.
7 >> There was a kernel change some time back
8 >> that disabled usb wake-up on all USB hubs.
9 >> Userspace needs to explicitly enable them or device wakeup will not work.
10 >> I wrote a script some time back to do that,
11 >> but it can probably be done with a udev rule.
12 >
13 > Don't be coy ! -- can you post your script here ?
14 > what would such a udev rule look like ?
17 Hah - sorry about that. Most people apparently use udev to do that. I
18 wrote my script first and used it instead. I never really looked into
19 udev as my script [kludge?] still works, I just tried it.
20
21 I posted it in the Docs, Tips & Tricks forum [1] some time back & it's
22 also on pastebin [2]. Use at your own risk! I've attached it here as
23 well, hopefully we're allowed to do that on this list. The forum post
24 lists how to use it.
25
26 Wow, 18,000 views to the forum post. I wonder if that's good or bad?
27
28 It requires root, so you may want to put it in /sbin/. Run it with no
29 options and it'll display a usage page. All it does is do some searching
30 in the /sys/devices tree and tries to find appropriate items to show.
33 Dan
34
35 [1] https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-933934-highlight-usbwakeup.html
36