From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] duplicate gentoo system - errors
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2020 19:38:15
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Wed, 25 Nov 2020 11:55:56 -0600, Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> First I've heard of a laptop having space for two hard drives.  I need
5 >> to make a note of that.  Now one has reason to use labels on laptops
6 >> too.  o_O
7 > You already have. what if you boot with a flash drive connected and it is
8 > recognised first?
12 I wasn't counting a external device.  I was just referring to internal
13 hard drives.  I don't even put flash drives in the same category as a
14 hard drive either, even tho they can get large.  I guess SSDs are so
15 small they can fit two in a laptop nowadays.  I guess if a laptop is big
16 enough, one could fit a couple regular drives too.  Given displays are
17 so big now, it makes for more room.  I've just never seen or heard of
18 one before.
19
20 I wouldn't mind having one of those in a way.  OS on one drive, SSD most
21 likely, and /home on its own drive.  Almost desktop-ish.  LOL
22
23 Dale
24
26
27 P. S.  No reply from our old Alan yet.  It hasn't bounced yet either.