From: Arve Barsnes <arve.barsnes@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Globally disabling colour
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2019 11:32:38
1 On Tue, 1 Oct 2019 at 13:28, Dr Rainer Woitok <rainer.woitok@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > having freshly erm ... converted from Ubuntu to Gentoo and thus being an
3 > absolute Gentoo newbie I'm desparately looking for a way to get rid of
4 > all the colour in the output produced by "emerge" but also by "qlist",
5 > "eix", "e-file" and so on.
6 >
7 > Is there a way to globally configure this for all these commands? I've
8 > already added 'NOCLOR="false"' to my "make.conf" file but this doesn't
9 > seem to do the trick. Do I really have to remember for each call to one
10 > of these commands to disable colour individually and in addition have to
11 > remember what's the correct "nocolor" option for the command at hand?
12
13 There was a similar question from someone else this summer, maybe this
14 will help you.
15
16 https://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-user/message/e0528fd2b468b350aac9ff440f132683
17