From: Kevin Philp <kevin@×××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What happened to my CPU?
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 12:38:49
1 What motherboard and BIOS do you have? There can be a problem with Award bios
2 based motherboards that causes the bios to fail to find the
3 frequency/multiplier settings from processor. Usually it would drop you into
4 the bios with an error message. You can set the frequency manually there.
5 However when it happened to me the board had to be dumped, it was an Asus
6 A7V600 runing an AMD 1800
7
8 Kevin.