From: Jean Magnan de Bornier <jean@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] man segmentation fault
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 09:05:59
1 Le 10 juillet à 10:43:39 Sascha Hlusiak <saschahlusiak@×××××.de> écrit notamment:
2
3 | Hi,
4 |
5 | > hello all,
6 | > Since my last emerge -uD world (where man was updated to man-1.6), I
7 | > receive a "segmentation fault" when trying to see a man page, this seems
8 | > to be true for all users and within bash as well as zsh. I remember that
9 | > the conf file has been modified but I'm afraid i did not care to look at
10 | > what was changed!
11 | I have the same problem. I figured out that it only occurs, when I run
12 | man in a small terminal in X. When I resize the terminal, it works fine,
13 | as well as in an vc.
14
15 Well in the vc it didn't work either for me.
16
17 | I just found out now, that it also seems to be a problem with caching.
18 | If I uncomment the NOCACHE line in /etc/man.conf, it seems to work
19 | again. Can you confirm that?
20
21 Yes I confirm that, thanks for the tip!
22 cheers,
23 --
24 Jean Magnan de Bornier | Cours Victor Hugo
25 e-mots: jean at bornier.net | 13980 Alleins France
26 T 08 70 39 34 03 | P 06 09 17 35 87
29 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list