From: Sascha Hlusiak <saschahlusiak@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] man segmentation fault
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 08:49:23
1 Hi,
2
3 > hello all,
4 > Since my last emerge -uD world (where man was updated to man-1.6), I
5 > receive a "segmentation fault" when trying to see a man page, this seems
6 > to be true for all users and within bash as well as zsh. I remember that
7 > the conf file has been modified but I'm afraid i did not care to look at
8 > what was changed!
9 I have the same problem. I figured out that it only occurs, when I run
10 man in a small terminal in X. When I resize the terminal, it works fine,
11 as well as in an vc.
12 I just found out now, that it also seems to be a problem with caching.
13 If I uncomment the NOCACHE line in /etc/man.conf, it seems to work
14 again. Can you confirm that?
15
16 Sascha