From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Still kde problems with monolithic->split
Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2008 13:16:38
1 On Saturday 04 October 2008 15:08:36 meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > some time ago I asked what to do if kde blocks kde...
5 > The according HowTo (emergeing from monolithic
6 > to split kde install) says one has first
7 > to unmerge the old monolithic installation of
8 > kde and the install the split stuff.
9 >
10 > But regardless what I am doing...
11 > emerge -C <blocking item>
12 > shows me a rmoving action on my harddisc and
13 > the following
14 > emerge --pretend --color=n --verbose --update --deep world
15 > still shows that item being blocking new stuff.
16 > I think _physically_ the old stuff is rmoved but
17 > from emerge's point of view it is still there.
18 >
19 > How can I fix that problem ?
20
21 You didn't give any output, so I have to guess. Most likely a different
22 package is still installed which needs the same kde you just removed and that
23 in turn conflicts with what you want to install now.
24
25 Post the full output of 'emerge -pvuNDt world' and we'll deciphyer it for you
28 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com