From: Danilo Marcelo <danilo.marcelo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: SPAM: Re: [gentoo-user] failure on booting Gentoo Linux 2007 amd64 Live CD
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2007 21:29:30
1 Cara, tem que gravar como imagem, senão não boota.
2
3 In english: You must record the CD in image mode to make a bootable CD.
6 2007/9/3, LUIZ AFONSO BELLO DE CAMPOS <luizbcampos@×××××××××××.br>:
7 >
8 > Citando Alan McKinnon <alan@××××××××××××××××.za>:
9 >
10 > > On Monday 03 September 2007, LUIZ AFONSO BELLO DE CAMPOS wrote:
11 > > > Dear Sirs
12 > > >
13 > > >
14 > > > After I had downloaded and burned on K3B the forementioned CD
15 > > > I don't get it booted on my machine amd64 +3000. I've already its
16 > > > manual and doc, I upgraded my K8VXSE motherboard BIOS...nothing! I
17 > > > don't know what else to do...
18 > >
19 > > How did you burn the CD using K3B? As a data project, or as a disk
20 > > image?
21 > >
22 > > A quick check is to pop the CD into a machine that works, mount the CD
23 > > and see what's on it. If you see one file called <something>.iso, then
24 > > you burned it wrong and need to burn another one as a full disk image.
25 > >
26 > > If that check is OK, then make sure that the .iso you downloaded is not
27 > > corrupt by checking it's MD5 sum by following the instructions on the
28 > > downlaod site.
29 > >
30 > > Next time you ask for help on a mailing list, it's a good idea to
31 > > describe exactly what problem you are having. You didn't say, so we
32 > > donlt know, and I just guessed at what is the most common problem.
33 > >
34 > > So, does the CD boot at all? What's on the screen? If it boots and tries
35 > > to run, where does it stop and what error messages do you get when it
36 > > does?
37 > >
38 > > alan
39 > >
40 > > > Thanks, Alan. I will try cdrecord command line.
43 > > --
44 > > Optimists say the glass is half full,
45 > > Pessimists say the glass is half empty,
46 > > Developers say wtf is the glass twice as big as it needs to be?
47 > >
48 > > Alan McKinnon
49 > > alan at linuxholdings dot co dot za
50 > > +27 82, double three seven, one nine three five
51 > > --
52 > > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
60 > Para fazer uma ligação DDD pra perto ou pra longe, faz um 21. A Embratel
61 > tem
62 > tarifas muito baratas esperando por você. Aproveite!
63 >
64 > --
65 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list