From: LUIZ AFONSO BELLO DE CAMPOS <luizbcampos@×××××××××××.br>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: SPAM: Re: [gentoo-user] failure on booting Gentoo Linux 2007 amd64 Live CD
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2007 20:58:17
1 Citando Alan McKinnon <alan@××××××××××××××××.za>:
2
3 > On Monday 03 September 2007, LUIZ AFONSO BELLO DE CAMPOS wrote:
4 > > Dear Sirs
7 > > After I had downloaded and burned on K3B the forementioned CD
8 > > I don't get it booted on my machine amd64 +3000. I've already its
9 > > manual and doc, I upgraded my K8VXSE motherboard BIOS...nothing! I
10 > > don't know what else to do...
11 >
12 > How did you burn the CD using K3B? As a data project, or as a disk
13 > image?
14 >
15 > A quick check is to pop the CD into a machine that works, mount the CD
16 > and see what's on it. If you see one file called <something>.iso, then
17 > you burned it wrong and need to burn another one as a full disk image.
18 >
19 > If that check is OK, then make sure that the .iso you downloaded is not
20 > corrupt by checking it's MD5 sum by following the instructions on the
21 > downlaod site.
22 >
23 > Next time you ask for help on a mailing list, it's a good idea to
24 > describe exactly what problem you are having. You didn't say, so we
25 > donlt know, and I just guessed at what is the most common problem.
26 >
27 > So, does the CD boot at all? What's on the screen? If it boots and tries
28 > to run, where does it stop and what error messages do you get when it
29 > does?
30 >
31 > alan
32 >
33 > > Thanks, Alan. I will try cdrecord command line.
36 > --
37 > Optimists say the glass is half full,
38 > Pessimists say the glass is half empty,
39 > Developers say wtf is the glass twice as big as it needs to be?
40 >
41 > Alan McKinnon
42 > alan at linuxholdings dot co dot za
43 > +27 82, double three seven, one nine three five
44 > --
45 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
52 Para fazer uma ligação DDD pra perto ou pra longe, faz um 21. A Embratel tem
53 tarifas muito baratas esperando por você. Aproveite!
56 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list