From: Alan McKinnon <alan@××××××××××××××××.za>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] failure on booting Gentoo Linux 2007 amd64 Live CD
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2007 07:27:04
1 On Monday 03 September 2007, LUIZ AFONSO BELLO DE CAMPOS wrote:
2 > Dear Sirs
5 > After I had downloaded and burned on K3B the forementioned CD
6 > I don't get it booted on my machine amd64 +3000. I've already its
7 > manual and doc, I upgraded my K8VXSE motherboard BIOS...nothing! I
8 > don't know what else to do...
9
10 How did you burn the CD using K3B? As a data project, or as a disk
11 image?
12
13 A quick check is to pop the CD into a machine that works, mount the CD
14 and see what's on it. If you see one file called <something>.iso, then
15 you burned it wrong and need to burn another one as a full disk image.
16
17 If that check is OK, then make sure that the .iso you downloaded is not
18 corrupt by checking it's MD5 sum by following the instructions on the
19 downlaod site.
20
21 Next time you ask for help on a mailing list, it's a good idea to
22 describe exactly what problem you are having. You didn't say, so we
23 donlt know, and I just guessed at what is the most common problem.
24
25 So, does the CD boot at all? What's on the screen? If it boots and tries
26 to run, where does it stop and what error messages do you get when it
27 does?
28
29 alan
35 Optimists say the glass is half full,
36 Pessimists say the glass is half empty,
37 Developers say wtf is the glass twice as big as it needs to be?
38
39 Alan McKinnon
40 alan at linuxholdings dot co dot za
41 +27 82, double three seven, one nine three five
42 --
43 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list