From: Philip Webb <purslow@×××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Card games in portage
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 22:09:39
1 On Tuesday 28 March 2006 08:37, Teresa and Dale wrote:
2 > Anybody have a list of the games in portage that are card games?
3
4 I've always been amazed that there's no pgm to play Bridge on UNIX.
5 There's lots of commercial stuff for M$ Windows
6 & I found a fairly good free pgm (Finesse Bridge, Wild Card Software),
7 which works on Win98 in my back-up machine, but the URL is defunct.
8
9 It's a rather interesting sociological question:
10 do UNIX programmers not play bridge ?
11 isn't it an itch they'ld want to scratch ?
12 You can play poker, backgammon etc, so it's not puritanism ... (smile)
16 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb : purslow@××××××××××××××.ca
17 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Centre for Urban & Community Studies
18 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' University of Toronto
19 --
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list