From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Nouveau driver turns off video when I start X
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 12:25:26
1 On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 10:47:01PM -0400, Alecks Gates wrote
2 > Wait a second, was just scimming this and saw you mention blue faces. I
3 > have a 210 using the latest binary drivers from nvidia and it seems like
4 > all red color shows up as blue in the flash player (and only flash
5 > player). It had never happened any time previously, and this was a new
6 > install.
7 >
8 > Frankly I have no idea how to fix it, but I mostly ignored it until now
9 > because of html5 videos (where the problem doesn't occur).
10
11 Once I realized that this was a general problem, not a Walter Dnes
12 problem, I did some Google research. A few of the hits were
13
14 http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=176210
15
16 Patching source code... bleagh.
19 https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nvidia-graphics-drivers/+bug/974620
20
21 https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/adobe-flashplugin/+bug/967091/comments/9
22
23 The last one almost worked for me. Adding 2 lines to /etc/adobe/mms.cfg
24 was suggested, namely...
25
26 EnableLinuxHWVideoDecode=1
27 OverrideGPUValidation=true
28
29 This works, and colours are correct, but the Flash plugin crashes a
30 lot. The best setup for me is to only add the line...
31
32 EnableLinuxHWVideoDecode=1
33
34 Youtube 1080P HD videos play fullscreen in proper colour. The best
35 setting may vary from machine to machine.
38 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>