From: Per-Erik Westerberg <per-erik.westerberg@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Nouveau driver turns off video when I start X
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 20:47:26
1 tor 2012-04-19 klockan 08:23 -0400 skrev Walter Dnes:
2 > On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 10:47:01PM -0400, Alecks Gates wrote
3 > > Wait a second, was just scimming this and saw you mention blue faces. I
4 > > have a 210 using the latest binary drivers from nvidia and it seems like
5 > > all red color shows up as blue in the flash player (and only flash
6 > > player). It had never happened any time previously, and this was a new
7 > > install.
8 > >
9 > > Frankly I have no idea how to fix it, but I mostly ignored it until now
10 > > because of html5 videos (where the problem doesn't occur).
11 >
12 > Once I realized that this was a general problem, not a Walter Dnes
13 > problem, I did some Google research. A few of the hits were
14 >
15 > http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=176210
16 >
17 > Patching source code... bleagh.
20 > https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nvidia-graphics-drivers/+bug/974620
21 >
22 > https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/adobe-flashplugin/+bug/967091/comments/9
23 >
24 > The last one almost worked for me. Adding 2 lines to /etc/adobe/mms.cfg
25 > was suggested, namely...
26 >
27 > EnableLinuxHWVideoDecode=1
28 > OverrideGPUValidation=true
29 >
30 > This works, and colours are correct, but the Flash plugin crashes a
31 > lot. The best setup for me is to only add the line...
32 >
33 > EnableLinuxHWVideoDecode=1
34 >
35 > Youtube 1080P HD videos play fullscreen in proper colour. The best
36 > setting may vary from machine to machine.
39 Hi,
40
41 Downgrading to 11.1.102.63 of www-plugins/adobe-flash took care of the
42 problem for me.
43
44 BR / Per-Erik