From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: OT:hardware sniffer equipment
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 19:27:39
1 Randy Barlow <randy <at> electronsweatshop.com> writes:
4 > > I'd consider an embedded (linux) board with a few ports, if they
5 > > are or can be setup as a flat hub.
6
7 > This seems like something that you should be able to do with OpenWRT and
8 > a Linksys WRT54Gl...
11 Yep, that device was on the short list. I have to find out the ethernet
12 chipset it used to determine if they switched (most) likely or not
13 and if they are switched whether one can be setup up to sniff.
14
15 I'm just not that familiar with the wrt54g other than what I have read
16 casually.
19 Have you set one up to sniff and remotely display the result on a workstaion
20 before?
23 James
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list