From: Randy Barlow <randy@×××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: OT:hardware sniffer equipment
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 19:42:16
1 James wrote:
2 > Have you set one up to sniff and remotely display the result on a workstaion
3 > before?
4
5 No, I definitely haven't done anything like that. Mine is just a
6 router/WAP/firewall/QoS thing with some fun port forwarding rules.
7 Funny that it's default firmware doesn't let you forward outside port
8 8080 to an inside 80. I know that the level of mathematical prowess
9 necessary for such a packet transformation is exceedingly amazing,
10 but... OpenWRT is cool :)
11
12 What I think you could do in OpenWRT is perhaps to set up an IPTables
13 Rule that sends all packets through one of it's 5 ports on the back, and
14 then you could plug a machine in there to log/process it. This is not
15 something I have done, it's just a suggestion for you to ponder. It may
16 or may not be possible, I don't know...
19 Randy Barlow
20 http://electronsweatshop.com
21 --
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list