From: Alan McKinnon <alan@××××××××××××××××.za>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Can't access disks after install
Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2006 16:20:52
1 Hi,
2
3 Brand new install, and the kernel can't access the SATA disks. I don't
4 have the bandwidth to d/l an entire install CD and I have an up to date
5 distfiles locally so I used the latest install CD I have - 2005.1
6
7 Hardware: Dell Latitude D810 with 80G sata.
8 / on /dev/sda7 (reiser)
9 /boot on /dev/sda1 (ext2)
10 ACCEPT_KEYWORDS=~x86, latest udev installed.
11 /home, /usr, /opt, /var and distfiles on an lvm (all reiser)
12 Install disk boots fine with full access to the disk.
13
14 On boot the initramfs detects the hardware, but complains it can't find
15 my / on /dev/sda7. Drop to a shell and the nodes are right there
16 in /dev. The reiser module is not loaded, but it was configured as a
17 module by genkernel.
18
19 Where could I have made a mistake? At this point I don't really need a
20 solution, more a pointer to the FM so I can R it :-)
21
22 alan
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list