From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Moving from old udev to eudev
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2013 01:01:19
1 On Fri, Aug 02, 2013 at 02:42:36AM +0300, Samuli Suominen wrote
2
3 > nope, you just believed all the FUD there has been out there. i've said
4 > it many times, and i'll say it again:
5 >
6 > the only real different is USE="rule-generator" and that's it
7 >
8 > and sys-fs/eudev is constantly out of date and haven't developed any
9 > features of their own
10
11 What are the "new features"? What have Lennart/Kay broken recently?
12 First it was firmware loading in udev, which got them reamed out by
13 Linus. Then it was (un)predictable network interface names. Gentoo is
14 not Facebook http://www.geek.com/news/mark-zuckerberg-says-you-need-to-move-fast-and-break-things-922432/
15
16 > The key to the real innovation, says Zuckerberg, is to "move fast
17 > and break things."
20 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
21 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications