From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] apcupsd to recycle power
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2014 17:22:49
1 On Saturday 15 Nov 2014 16:54:26 Thanasis wrote:
2 > on 11/15/2014 04:59 PM Mick wrote the following:
3
4 > > Have you been through them and in particular the "Full Power Down Test"?
5 > > If yes, did you wait long enough after the PC has powered down, for the
6 > > UPS to also switch off (you can affect the overall waiting time by
7 > > setting a shorter TIMEOUT value, rather than waiting for the batteries
8 > > to go flat).
9 >
10 > Yes I have set the TIMEOUT to 30 (seconds) in /etc/apcupsd/apcupsd.conf,
11 > and run the tests. Waited more than 3 minutes after the PC powers off,
12 > the UPS will not kill the power.
13
14 Hmm ... I'm running out of ideas. :-(
17 > > If this does not get you somewhere, I recommend you post to the
18 > > nut-upsuser@×××××××××××××××××××.org (you'll need to register first).
19 >
20 > Is the above list (nut-upsuser@×××××××××××××××××××.org) also appropriate
21 > for apcupsd users?
22
23 I'm sure I saw threads there on APC UPS, so yes it won't hurt if you post
24 there.
27 > > PS. The services I listed running are particular to my UPS, I expect
28 > > different to your APC unit.
29 >
30 > Yes, because they belong to sys-power/nut. I 've been talking about
31 > sys-power/apcupsd, as I said in first post.
32 > (Should I switch to sys-power/nut?)
33
34 You can try sys-power/nut, and use something like:
35
36 sudo /opt/local/bin/usbhid-ups -a apcups -DD
37
38 to get some debug info from your UPS, after you set up the configuration
39 files. You could either try the apcupsd-ups driver which acts as an apcupsd
40 client, or you give usbhid-ups a spin as I show above. In any case, I trust
41 that the guys at the nut M/L will give sound advice for your particular UPS -
42 unless some gentoo user with this UPS chimes in first.
43
44 HTH.
47 Regards,
48 Mick