From: fei huang <daniel.huangfei@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] how to keep the souce for debugging under gentoo?
Date: Sun, 03 Sep 2006 14:58:55
1 I posted a question a while ago regarding the way of debugging /sbin/init .
2 I managed to do it by adding -ggdb to CFLAGS temporarily (as well as the
3 nostrip feature).
4
5 however, I found the source from /usr/portage/distfiles does not match the
6 running instance, then I realized that the running executable is compiled
7 from patched or altered version of source files. Is there a way to get the
8 matching source? if there exists a solution, it might be applied to all
9 applications under gentoo that to be debugged, i think..
10
11 tks
12
13 daniel