From: Alan Ianson <agianson@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gaming on gentoo
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2022 14:24:08
1 On Tue, 13 Dec 2022 13:49:54 +0000
2 Artur Tamm <artur.tamm.85@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > sourceforge tarball was a prebuilt binary (at least the one I downloaded).
5
6 The source is there too in a different directory.
7
8 > I saw that the source code is here:
9 > https://github.com/sezero/quakespasm/tree/master/Quake
10 > The default Makefile might need some editing for a successful compilation.
11
12 I just grabbed the linux-64 archive from sourceforge. I have never run the prebuilt binaries before but I tried it just to see what would happen. The quakespasm-sdl2 segfaulted the same as my own build but the quakespasm (sdl I suppose?) does run here.
13
14 So that is something! I can run their sdl quakespasm but not my own built here.
15
16 That is better than nothing but I'd still like to hear about your experience. I'd be happy if I could build and run my own if I can figure out what the issue is.