From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT] Looking for a different way to rsync (or similiar)
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2011 13:55:48
1 Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com> [11-08-01 15:12]:
2 > meino.cramer@×××.de writes:
3 >
4 > > Hi,
5 > >
6 > > I have to old (technical identical) harddisks formerly used for backup
7 > > purposes. They contain each a different set of files -- the
8 > > partitioning is identical. Both disks are nearly filled.
9 > >
10 > > The harddisk in my PC has more free space (they contain a totally
11 > > different system than the old disks!)
12 >
13 > You might be able to make use of rsync's flag: --compare-dest=DIR
14 >
15 > I've done something like this way back but not sure the flag above is
16 > the correct one.
17 >
18 > However rsync does have the capability to compare more than one
19 > heirarchy before moving data... just not sure that is the proper flag.
20 >
21 > Try `man rsync' and see if that looks like it will help?
22 >
23 > If that isn't clear... then I recommend the rsync list on gmane. I've
24 > found many times, that list is very helpful.
28 Hi Harry,
29
30 thank you very much for your help and infos! :)
31
32 Best regards,
33 mcc