From: Eric Martin <freak4uxxx@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Odd portage / eix behavior
Date: Sat, 09 Aug 2008 12:36:49
1 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > On Friday 08 August 2008 19:58:46 Eric Martin wrote:
3 >> On one of my boxes, eix shows every package as (*) which is testing for
4 >> my current arch but stable on some other. emerge --info reports x86 as
5 >> my arch, so I don't know what the problem is. I don't think it's a huge
6 >> problem as it's just an annoyance but I might be missing something. I
7 >> don't know where to start on google / forums so I figured I'd start here.
8 >
9 > I recall something similar happening to me a while ago, on a disconnected box
10 > that hadn't been updated for 6 months. I was getting weird status symbols just
11 > like you after a sync. In my case, an upgrade to the latest ~arch portage
12 > fixed it.
13 >
14 > You seem to be running purely x86 right? I assume as a first step you have
15 > done all the sensible things - remerge latest stable portage, emerge --sync,
16 > checked /etc/portage/* for silly masks that you forgot about?
20 Yes to everything except the 'purely x86'. I'm running ~x86 on a few things
21
22 dev-perl/Video-Frequencies ~x86
23 dev-perl/Video-ivtv ~x86
24 media-tv/ivtv ~x86
25 app-misc/lirc ~x86
26 x11-drivers/xf86-video-ivtv ~x86
27 sys-power/powertop ~x86
28 app-admin/puppet ~x86
29 dev-ruby/facter ~x86
30 media-tv/mythtv ~x86
31
32 Portage is 2.1.4.4 which my other computers are running. This was my
33 local rsync mirror that sync'd every two days and my other machines
34 sync'd off of it.
35
36 This is actually happening on two boxes, although I created the problem
37 on the second. It's my mythbox, and I cloned the box via rsync to make
38 a myth-dev box so I can fix it without downtime. My wife is ready to
39 kill me every time I break the mythbox. Portage didn't have the problem
40 on myth-dev, and then I rsync'd over and the problem was created so I
41 know it's some setting somewhere...
44 Eric Martin
45 Key fingerprint = D1C4 086E DBB5 C18E 6FDA B215 6A25 7174 A941 3B9F