From: Glenn Enright <elinar@×××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is my video card or motherboard going?
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 03:56:56
1 On Mon, 03 Oct 2005 04:53, Joseph wrote:
2 > All of a sudden I've noticed strange green color around all the letters
3 > and icons on desktop, some object have vertical green stripes.
4 > Would it be an indication that motherboard or video is going?
5 >
6 > This bos has ASUS A7V8X Motherboard and GeForce4 MX 440 AGP Video card.
7 > --
8 > #Joseph
9
10 what type of monitor are you using? can you test that on another box to see if
11 it gives a good picture? Also does increasing the colour saturation on the
12 monitor make the problem significantly worse? Make sure there are no new
13 speakers or magnetic things too close by.
17 Five rules for eternal misery:
18 (1) Always try to exhort others to look upon you favorably.
19 (2) Make lots of assumptions about situations and be sure to
20 treat these assumptions as though they are reality.
21 (3) Then treat each new situation as though it's a crisis.
22 (4) Live in the past and future only (become obsessed with
23 how much better things might have been or how much worse
24 things might become).
25 (5) Occasionally stomp on yourself for being so stupid as to
26 follow the first four rules.
27 --
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list