From: Joseph <syscon@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is my video card or motherboard going?
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2005 20:21:35
1 On Mon, 2005-10-03 at 05:58 +0000, Glenn Enright wrote:
2 > On Mon, 03 Oct 2005 04:53, Joseph wrote:
3 > > All of a sudden I've noticed strange green color around all the letters
4 > > and icons on desktop, some object have vertical green stripes.
5 > > Would it be an indication that motherboard or video is going?
6 > >
7 > > This bos has ASUS A7V8X Motherboard and GeForce4 MX 440 AGP Video card.
8 > > --
9 > > #Joseph
10 >
11 > what type of monitor are you using? can you test that on another box to see if
12 > it gives a good picture? Also does increasing the colour saturation on the
13 > monitor make the problem significantly worse? Make sure there are no new
14 > speakers or magnetic things too close by.
15
16 It seems to me you were right. The problem is with monitor, this is NEC
17 18in LCD monitor. The good thing is that it just happened one week
18 before warranty is about to expire.
21 #Joseph
22 --
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list