From: "Roger J. H. Welsh" <rjhwelsh@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Loading Issue
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2020 20:51:31
1 MIME-Version: 1.0
2 Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed
3
4 Hi Jack,
5
6 I just looked at the comments in my /etc/rc.conf.
7 `less /etc/rc.conf`
8
9 Jack <ostroffjh@×××××××××××××××××.net> writes:
10
11 > I'm not the OP, but I recently had a similar situation - total
12 > freeze
13 > early during the boot process. What I wanted was a way to get
14 > that
15 > rc_interactive="YES" behavior - but by doing something at boot
16 > time.
17
18 rc_interactive means I can press "I" or "i" during boot and
19 INTERRUPT
20 the boot process; *otherwise* it will boot as per normal.
21
22 Is that not the behaviour you are seeking?
23 OR is that not the behaviour you get?
24
25 Also to note:
26
27 rc_parallel="yes" may cause the boot process to lock up.
28 (I wonder if that has been causing some of these boot freezes.)
29
30 rc_interactive="yes" is DISABLED (automatically), if rc_parallel
31 is set
32 to "yes".
35 Best of luck
36 Roger