From: "Norman Rieß" <norman@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Intel GMA 4500MHD
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2009 18:46:05
1 James schrieb:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > I'm looking at a Dell Vostro 1720 Laptop with this Intel video
5 > chip: Intel® Integrated Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD
6 >
7 > Anyone with any experience or comments as to Intel's video
8 > offerings, as far as it related to (X)/Gentoo on the laptop
9 > are most welcome.
10 >
11 > Here's an old review, best I could find.
12 > http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=intel_x4500hd&num=1
15 > Maybe some can point me to a forum where the Intel video chip
16 > issues are discussed by folks on the front line of those
17 > support issues for X. The aforementioned review seemed
18 > to dissuade me from the Intel video chip, but those issue
19 > may be overcome with video chip comparison, used in Laptops
20 > if anyone has a url for that sort of thing, or experience.
23 > tia,
24 > James
31 Hello James,
32
33 i have this Chip running on Gentoo. What is your usage focus?
34
35 Regards,
36 Norman