From: Daniel Iliev <daniel.iliev@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Nice level for X11
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 03:31:00
1 On Tue, 13 May 2008 22:42:39 -0400
2 "Andrey Falko" <ma3oxuct@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > > > Hello guys, in which configuration file can I set a nice level for
6 > > > X11? (this makes all graphical software run much faster, at least
7 > > > when I used Debian).
8 > > >
9 > > > Thanks in advance
12 > > If I wanted to change the niceness of X, I'd do something like
15 > > echo 'sleep 10 && renice -n -10 `pidof X`' >>
16 > > "/etc/conf.d/local.start"
20 > That would only give X higher niceness, not the apps the run under it,
21 > so you won't see much benefit.
26 If I got it right, the OP asked how to give a different niceness ONLY
27 to his X server. After all the apps might be running on a remote
28 machine. Hence my reply.
33 Best regards,
34 Daniel
35 --