From: Andrey Falko <ma3oxuct@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Nice level for X11
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 02:42:41
1 On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 10:33 PM, Daniel Iliev <daniel.iliev@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Tue, 13 May 2008 21:50:24 +0200
3 >
4 > "Abraham Gyorgy" <hangcsapda@×××××.com> wrote:
8 > > Hello guys, in which configuration file can I set a nice level for
9 > > X11? (this makes all graphical software run much faster, at least
10 > > when I used Debian).
11 > >
12 > > Thanks in advance
16 > If I wanted to change the niceness of X, I'd do something like
19 > echo 'sleep 10 && renice -n -10 `pidof X`' >> "/etc/conf.d/local.start"
23 > P.S.
24 >
25 > I don't know if giving X a different nice level would bring any effect.
28 That would only give X higher niceness, not the apps the run under it,
29 so you won't see much benefit.
32 > --
33 > Best regards,
34 > Daniel