From: Dan Farrell <dan@×××××××××.cx>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] strange ethernet behavior with Superjmicro mb and Gentoo
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 04:23:29
1 On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 09:57:07 -0500
2 John covici <covici@××××××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > Hi. I have just gotten a computer with a Super Micro c2sbe
5 > Motherboard. Now I also bought a dual port PCI Express ethernet
6 > card. Now the normal kernel driver in my 2.6.21-gentoo-r4 does not
7 > recognize the ethernet port on the motherboard, only the dual port
8 > PCI Express card. So I found an Intel driver which seemed to be a
9 > later version of the e1000 driver and installed it.
10 >
11 > Now the strange part is that in order for the Ethernet on the mb to be
12 > recognized, I must rmmod and modprobe the module again and blacklist
13 > it from udev, although the later seemed not to do much. Does
14 > anyone know why I must do such a thing? If I don't do the rmmod and
15 > modprobe the dual port card is still recognized, but the mb one is
16 > not..
17 >
18 > Thanks in advance for your help.
19
20 You might consider asking the source of the driver.
21 --
22 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list