From: John covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] strange ethernet behavior with Superjmicro mb and Gentoo
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 14:57:14
1 Hi. I have just gotten a computer with a Super Micro c2sbe
2 Motherboard. Now I also bought a dual port PCI Express ethernet
3 card. Now the normal kernel driver in my 2.6.21-gentoo-r4 does not
4 recognize the ethernet port on the motherboard, only the dual port
5 PCI Express card. So I found an Intel driver which seemed to be a
6 later version of the e1000 driver and installed it.
7
8 Now the strange part is that in order for the Ethernet on the mb to be
9 recognized, I must rmmod and modprobe the module again and blacklist
10 it from udev, although the later seemed not to do much. Does
11 anyone know why I must do such a thing? If I don't do the rmmod and
12 modprobe the dual port card is still recognized, but the mb one is not..
13
14 Thanks in advance for your help.
15 --
16 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
17 How do
18 you spend it?
19
20 John Covici