From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [~amd64] NFS server broken again :(
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2014 03:47:29
1 On Sun, Nov 2, 2014 at 8:37 PM, Tom H <tomh0665@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > AIUI, "After=network.target" (and similarly "After=syslog.target") is
4 > equivalent to having "Wants=network.service NetworkManager.service
5 > <other_network_managers>" and "After=network.service
6 > NetworkManager.service <other_network_managers>".
7
8 Actually, as far as I understand things, if you don't enable something
9 that wants network.target, then you won't get it. You need to enable
10 something like dhcpcd or networkd to get it. It works this way so
11 that every package that needs the network doesn't try to run every
12 network manager you have installed as many are mutually exclusive.
13
14 Presumably if you don't run one of those services and start sshd, it
15 will just end up listening on localhost (I assume something sets up
16 the lo interface even if a network manager isn't running).
19 Rich