From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] VIDEO_CARDS setting for 3D Rage Pro
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 23:31:53
1 Hi Tero,
2 I put this off for a long time.
3
4 I'm a bit confused about exactly what driver is getting loaded here
5 and how it got built. When I set VIDEO_CARDS="mach64" I did not get a
6 driver called 'ati' but I did get a driver called 'mach64'. I am
7 currently loading the following drivers:
8
9 godzilla ~ # lsmod
10 Module Size Used by
11 <SNIP>
12 mach64 53952 0
13 drm 65304 1 mach64
14 agpgart 29384 2 via_agp,drm
15 godzilla ~ #
16 This gets me to the point where I have no errors in
17 =/var/log/Xorg.0.log, but I do have warnings. I think that doesn't
18 matter until I get the drivers straightened up though.
19
20 I presume this is the ATI driver that normally comes with xorg-x11
21 is it not? If so how do I get both it and the mach64 driver built?
22
23 I hope I'm not totally missing your point. Sorry if I'm being dense.
24
25 With best regards,
26 Mark
27