From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ebuilds gone to the happy hunting-grounds
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 09:16:54
1 On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 21:30:13 +0200 Uwe Thiem <uwix@××××.na> wrote:
2 | while trying to fix some other problems involving revdep-rebuild, I
3 | stumbled over some ebuilds no longer in portage but still installed
4 | on my system.
5 |
6 | How can I get rid of that stuff? I mean "emerge --unmerge
7 | dead-package" won't do it because the ebuild doesn't exist any more.
8
9 It will unless you installed said package a very long time ago. Portage
10 keeps a copy of the ebuild in the vdb when you install something.
13 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Wearer of the shiny hat)
14 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
15 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm