From: Uwe Thiem <uwix@××××.na>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ebuilds gone to the happy hunting-grounds
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 11:23:15
1 On 13 February 2006 11:11, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 21:30:13 +0200 Uwe Thiem <uwix@××××.na> wrote:
3 > | while trying to fix some other problems involving revdep-rebuild, I
4 > | stumbled over some ebuilds no longer in portage but still installed
5 > | on my system.
6 > |
7 > | How can I get rid of that stuff? I mean "emerge --unmerge
8 > | dead-package" won't do it because the ebuild doesn't exist any more.
9 >
10 > It will unless you installed said package a very long time ago. Portage
11 > keeps a copy of the ebuild in the vdb when you install something.
12
13 Apparently, I did install it a very long time ago because emerge told me it
14 didn't know it. :-(
15
16 Uwe
19 Why do consumers keep buying products they will live to curse?
20 --
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list