From: Aisha Tammy <gentoo.user@×××××.cc>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Nodejs overlay
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2021 23:20:08
1 On 1/31/21 8:49 AM, Alessandro Barbieri wrote:
2 > I'm trying to package nodejs software and I made an overlay for it here
3 > https://github.com/Alessandro-Barbieri/node-overlay <https://github.com/Alessandro-Barbieri/node-overlay>
4 > Could you try it and send feedback?
7 I have to confess, I don't like nodejs a lot.
8 But don't node packages have a very strict version dependency?
9 Does this handle version conflicts?
10
11 X needs >=A-1.2 and <=A-1.3
12 Y needs >=A-1.5
13
14 How would this be solved here? Isn't it for this reason that
15 package installs are to a local folder for each application?
16
17 I don't know if going to global installs is the best idea.
18 But I'm willing to be enlightened and proven wrong :)
19
20 Best,
21 Aisha